Re: Possible regression in 3.2 kernel with PCTV Nanostick T2 (em28xx, cxd2820r and tda18271)

On 13/01/12 11:21, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

Hmm... this patch shouldn't be causing troubles for an application that
only uses DVBv3 call. Is Kaffeine filling the DTV_DELIVERY_SYSTEM with
SYS_UNDEFINED (0)?

I think this is perhaps where (some of) our problems are starting. I just looked at the kaffeine source code and, as far as I can make out, DTV_DELIVERY_SYSTEM is filled out by performing a FE_SET_PROPERTY ioctl with a key/value pair of something like DTV_DELIVERY_SYSTEM/SYS_DVBS2 (amongst other parameters).

The issue here is that kaffeine *only* performs any sort of FE_SET_PROPERTY ioctl for DVB-S2. It certainly doesn't for any form of DVB-T (2 or original).

It would therefore appear that kaffeine is committing a sin of omission in not setting the front-end properties and hence we have this problem.

Mauro, if you can confirm that this is the case and that with the latest linux-media drivers performing the FE_SET_PROPERTY ioctl is mandatory then I can work with the kaffeine developers and get this fixed.

For reference, the existing kaffeine works with the stock 3.2.0 kernel. It's just the linux-media from linux-tv.org that breaks it.

Many thanks,

Jim.