Re: DVB-S2 multistream support

On 12/27/2011 12:12 PM, Christian Prähauser wrote:

Yes, I'm meaning something like what it was described there. I think
that the code written by Christian were never submitted upstream.

Hello Mauro,

Konstantin drew my attention to this discussion. Indeed, some time ago I wrote
a base-band demux for LinuxDVB. It was part of a project to integrate support
for second-generation IP/DVB encapsulations (GSE). The BB-demux allows to
register filters for different ISIs and data types (raw, generic stream,
transport stream).

I realized that the repo hosted at our University is down. If there is interest,
I can update my patches to the latest LinuxDVB version and we can put them on a
public repo e.g. at linuxdvb.org.

Kind regards,
Christian.

I have a question which is a little bit off-topic for that thread but I would like to ask since I think you could have some idea.

FEC Code Rate is often given as k/n, for example FEC 1/4. But nowadays there is also seen 0.x like FEC 0.8. I have feeling that this is due to new inner coding used, LDPC instead of traditional convolutional codes. When convolution codes were used it was correct to define 1/2 as basic rate and puncture rest from that. But as now with LDPC we have larger blocks we cannot represent so easily. For example DTMB uses LDPC(7488,6016) = 6016/7488 = ~0.8034 => FEC 0.8 is used.

I am adding DTMB support for DVB API and that's why I have to think if I extend old k/n FECs or define new ones as FEC 0.4/0.6/0.8.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/