Re: [GIT PULL FOR 3.3] HDIC HD29L2 DMB-TH demodulator driv

On Tuesday 20 December 2011 19:09:14 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> On 20-12-2011 16:01, Antti Palosaari wrote:

> >> Yes, there is many names and it is not even clear for me what are
> >> differences between names. I called it DMB-TH since existing
> >> Kernel drivers have selected that name.
> >>
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMMB
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTMB
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Multimedia_Broadcasting
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Terrestrial_Multimedia_Broadc
> >> ast
> >>
> >> CMMB
> >> CTTB
> >> DTMB (DTMB-T/H, DMB-T/H)
> >> DMB (T-DMB)
> >
> > DMB seems to be much different so drop it out. DTMB seems to be
> > official term for DMB-T/H. CMMB seems to be for small devices
> > (mobile), maybe subset of DTMB. Finally I have CTTB and DTMB which
> > seems to be equivalents. DTMB is more common.
> >
> > So I end up for the DTMB. I give my vote for that.

CMMB has nothing to do with DTMB/CTTB. It modulations parameters and
physical/link layers are completely different compared to CMMB.

I'll vote for CTTB as this is the (latest) official name. At least this
is what DiBcom's Chinese representatives state.

Maybe there are some Chinese on this list to enlighten this situation?

--
Patrick Boettcher

Kernel Labs Inc.
http://www.kernellabs.com/