Re: Multiple Mantis devices gives me glitches

Marko Ristola, on 13.12.2011 08:31:
> Here is a patch that went into Linus GIT this year.
> It reduces the number of DMA transfer interrupts into one third.
> Linus released 2.6.38.8 doesn't seem to have this patch yet.

Thank you very much. I did see this patch mentioned in my quest for more knowledge, but was not sure of the status.

I have patched the Ubuntu 2.6.38.8 kernel for Natty and loaded the new driver. Works fine for one card at the moment, will insert the other two later this afternoon.
If this fixes my problem, how to proceed in getting the patch accepted as soon as possible? By me filing an official bug?

I'll do some stress testing by employing all adapters at once through VDR and look for any problems caused or fixed by the patch.

--
Vidar Tyldum
                              vidar@xxxxxxxxxx               PGP: 0x3110AA98