Hauppauge ImpactVCB-e (cx23885)

Hello,

we have been using bttv based framegrabber cards for years now, but
slowly computers featuring PCI-slots are starting to extinct now.

For this reason we got an ImpactVCB-e card to check if this one could be a
future option for our analog capture needs.

Unfortunately this cards do not seem to be supported by the cx23885 driver
yet (at least by the driver in the mainline kernel).

Looking at the sources (cx23885-cards.c) I found that some minor adjustments
seem to be needed and just adding the new subvendor ID will probably not be
enough.

Any suggestion for a patch that I could try my luck with?

Would it be a good Idea to add something like this to struct cx23885_subid?

              .subvendor = 0x0070,
              .subdevice = 0x7133,
              .card      = CX23885_BOARD_UNKNOWN,

BTW, here is what lsusb looks like:

05:00.0 0400: 14f1:8852 (rev 04)
        Subsystem: 0070:7133
        Memory at d2200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2M]
        Capabilities: [40] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [90] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [200] Virtual Channel

Regards

Sven

--
Unix is simple and coherent, but it takes a genius – or at any rate a
programmer – to understand and appreciate the simplicity