Re: Status of RTL283xU support?

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 16:00, Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/26/2011 02:47 PM, Maik Zumstrull wrote:

>> it seems I've found myself with an rtl2832u-based DVB-T USB stick. The
>> latest news on that seems to be that you were working on cleaning up
>> the code of the Realtek-provided GPL driver, with the goal of
>> eventually getting it into mainline.
>>
>> Would you mind giving a short status update?
>
> Shortly, It is error No time, -ENOTIME.

Isn't it always. :-) I won't be holding my breath for 3.3, then.

Thanks for the info and your efforts.

> And the tree I have does support only very limited set of RTL2831U devices.
> It was Maxim Levitsky working for RTL2832U but he have given up.

I hope development will be revived by someone eventually. When looking
around, it seemed to me that this chipset is becoming more and more
common with low-end devices.

I've ordered a different stick that is supposed to be fully supported
already, so I should be fine until then.