Status of RTL283xU support?

Hi Antti,

it seems I've found myself with an rtl2832u-based DVB-T USB stick. The
latest news on that seems to be that you were working on cleaning up
the code of the Realtek-provided GPL driver, with the goal of
eventually getting it into mainline.

Would you mind giving a short status update?

Is there a working out-of-tree version somewhere I could build? I've
tried the linuxtv.org build script against your tree, but it fails
with git errors; possibly due to the recent outage of git.kernel.org.

Thanks,

Maik