Re: Cleanup proposal for media/gspca

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 15:59:50 -0300
Ezequiel <elezegarcia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jef,
>
> I just sent a patch to linux-media for this little issue.
>
> I realize it is only a very minor patch,
> so I am not sure If I am helping or just annoying the developers ;)
>
> Anyway, if you could check the patch I would appreciate it.
	[snip]
> Again, hope the patch helps,

Hi Ezequiel,

It is not a minor patch, but maybe you don't know about object
programming.

As it is defined, a gspca device _is_ a video device, as a gspca
subdriver is a gspca device, and as a video device is a device: each
lower structure is contained in a higher one.

Your patch defines the gspca structure as a separate entity which is
somewhat related to a video device by two reverse pointers. It
complexifies the structure accesses, adds more code and hides the
nature of a gspca device.

No, your patch does not help...

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/