Re: HVR-4000 may be broken in kernel mods (again) ?

Thanks all for your feedback.

I've been investigating the Xen angle as well and there seem to be
quite a few reports of DVB cards not working in Xen at the moment.

The culprit "appears" to be something to do with DMA, although whether
it's Xen or the drivers remains to be seen
.
>From what I can tell, the card tunes OK but then when the driver tries
to access the datastream (via DMA) things go bad.

If anyone knows of a good way to look deeper into this area - please
let me know!

Anyway, I'm going to go and hassle the Xen developers to see if they
can shed some more light on this.

I'll also have a play with vlc.