Re: DVBv5 frontend library

On 10.11.2011 13:05, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em 10-11-2011 05:08, Rémi Denis-Courmont escreveu:
>> For frequency, we also need a unit, since it depends on the
>> delivery system.
>
> The spec says:
> 	DTV_FREQUENCY
>
> 	Central frequency of the channel, in HZ.
>
> So, the unit should be Hz. If is there any place where something different is
> used, we should fix it to match what's specified there.

For DVB-S, the unit is and has always been kHz. The spec is wrong.

>> 5) Unless/Until the library implements scanning and some kind of channel
>> or transponder abstraction (e.g. unique ID per transponder), it is dubious
>> that it can really abstract new delivery systems. I mean, the tuning
>> parameters need to come from somewhere, so the application will have to
>> know about the delivery systems.
>
> Sure. This is the next item on my TODO list ;)

Make sure to generate globally unique IDs. Even though onid + tsid + sid
*should* identify a DVB service, in reality they don't. There are many
duplicates, especially with - but not limited to - reception of multiple
satellites.

Regards,
Andreas