Re: omap3-isp status

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Javier Martinez Canillas
<martinez.javier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Enrico <ebutera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ok, i made it work. It was missing just the config_outlineoffset i
>> wrote before and a missing FLDMODE in SYNC registers.
>>

> Great, do you get the ghosting effect or do you have a clean video?

Unfortunately i always get the ghosting effect. But this is something
we will try to fix later.

>> Moreover it seems to me that the software-maintained field id
>> (interlaced_cnt in Javier patches, fldstat in Deepthy patches) is
>> useless, i've tried to only use the FLDSTAT bit from isp register
>> (fid) in vd0_isr:
>>
>> if (fid == 0) {
>>     restart = ccdc_isr_buffer(ccdc);
>>     goto done;
>> }
>>
>> and it works. I've not tested very long frame sequences, only up to 16
>> frames. The only issue is that the first frame could be half-green
>> because a field is missing.
>>

> Yes, when I tried Deepthy patches I realized that the fldstat was not
> in sync with the frames, but probably I made something wrong.

I had noticed the same thing, but now i tested it and it is ok, maybe
my fault too.

> We had the same problem with the hal-green frame. Our solution was to
> synchronize the CCDC with the first even field looking at fdstat on
> the VD1 interrupt handler and forcing to start processing from an ODD
> sub-frame.

Thinking more about it, it's ugly to have that half-green video frame
even if it's just one. It's better to keep your or Deepthy solution.

Enrico