Re: cx231xx: DMA problem on ARM

Em 26-09-2011 05:13, Thomas Petazzoni escreveu:
> Hello Mauro,
>
> Le Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:15:54 -0300,
> Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
>>> And still the result is the same: we get a first frame, and then
>>> nothing more, and we have a large number of error messages in the
>>> kernel logs.
>>
>> I don't think that this is related to the power manager anymore. It can
>> be related to cache coherency and/or to iommu support.
>
> As you suspected, increasing PWR_SLEEP_INTERVAL didn't change anything.
> What do you suggest to track down the potential cache coherency issues ?

Take a look at the ML. The SoC people discussed a lot about cache
coherency problems and how to solve it. Videobuf2 has a better support
on embedded world. I would take a look on it and see what it does different
than other drivers. Maybe Jonathan Corbet patches for the ccic driver may
help you.

It is probably a good idea to change cx231xx to use videobuf2, in order to
fix this issue.

Thanks,
Mauro