Question about USB interface index restriction in gspca

Hi,

I have a question about the following code in gspca.c:

in function gspca_dev_probe(...):
    /* the USB video interface must be the first one */
    if (dev->config->desc.bNumInterfaces != 1
&& intf->cur_altsetting->desc.bInterfaceNumber != 0)
            return -ENODEV;

Is there a special reason for not allowing devices with USB interface index > 0 for video ? I'm experimenting with a device that has the video interface at index 3 and two audio interfaces at index 0 and 1 (index two is missing !). And the follow-up question: can we assume that all device handled by the gspca-driver have vendor specific video interfaces ?
Then we could change the code to

    /* the USB video interface must be of class vendor */
if (intf->cur_altsetting->desc.bInterfaceClass != USB_CLASS_VENDOR_SPEC)
            return -ENODEV;

Regards,
Frank