PCTV 290e nanostick and remote control support

Hi,

I've just acquired a PCTV 290e nanostick, and have successfully tuned it into a DVB-T2 MUX. Yay! :-).

However, before declaring total victory, I have noticed that no-one has yet wired up the device's IR support in the em28xx driver. The adapter ships with a tiny RC with only 26 buttons, which would allow me to use the 290e with VDR. Does anyone know what kind of IR hardware the 290e uses, please? I tried setting:

.has_ir_i2c = 1

in the [EM28174_BOARD_PCTV_290E] section of em28xx_cards.c, but saw nothing new in the dmesg log. (Yes, the ir_kdb_i2c modules did load successfully.) The /sys/bus/i2c/devices directory contains two nodes:

em28xx #0
CXD2820R tuner I2C adapter

Any (non-destructive) suggestions for other things to try to get IR working would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Chris