Re: Help getting TechniSat SkyStar HD2 working in Ubuntu 10.10

Hello John,

> I'm having problems with this card- I can get it to scan DVB-S and
> DVB-S2 using scan-s2, and can get it to tune to DVB-S channels, but I
> cannot szap to DVB-S2 channels
>
> szap2 -p -t 2 "BBC HD" reports error ioctl DVBFE_SET_DELSYS failed:
> Operation not supported
>
> I have tried the latest s2-liplianin and v4l-dvb mantis drivers but no joy
>
> Can anyone help?

szap2 needs a list of channels in zap or vdr format to tune correctly,
so try this:

szap2 -c <your-szap-s2-channel-list-including-BBC HD> "BBC HD"

gathering the list using scan-s2 should work like this:

scan-s2 -s [DISEQC OUT] -t 3 -o zap -n -I 50 /usr/local/share/dvb/dvb-
s/Astra-28.2E > astra.conf

note: Astra-28.2E is the transponder file, where astra.conf will be the
resulting list of channels.

Since you are using a mantis bridge card, consider the patch of Lutz Sammer to
fix the tuning algo of your card [1]

And there's brand new remote support for your card in v4l-dvb, if you apply
the patch of Christoph Pinkl [2]

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/753382/
[2] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg33632.html