Re: PCTV nanoStick T2 290e (Sony CXD2820R DVB-T/T2/C) - DVB-C channel scan in mythtv - missing

On 06/20/2011 11:55 PM, Rune Evjen wrote:
2011/6/20 Markus Rechberger<mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx>:
to tell the difference the amplifier is for DVB-T2, DVB-C is disabled
in windows because it's not reliable.
Technically the chip supports it but the LNA decreases the quality.
There are already some other PCI boards
out there with that chip which do not use that LNA which should have a
better performance with that Sony chip.

Is it possible to work around this by disabling the lna or is the
quality decreased permanently as part of the hardware design,
independently of whether the lna is enabled or not ?

I searched the linux-media list and it seems that an lna option was
discussed as a module parameter, but modinfo for the module I use [1]
(using the media_build git repository) doesn't show a lna parameter.
Can the lna be disabled in another way ?

LNA is controlled by demod GPIO line. I don't remember if it is on or off for DVB-C currently. Look em28xx-dvb.c file, you can disable or enable it from there (needs re-compiling driver).

I also saw BER counter running some muxes during development, but I think all channels I have are still working. And I didn't even have time to optimal parameters for tuner / demod. I will try to examine those later...

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/