Re: [linux-dvb] XC4000 patches for kernel 2.6.37.2

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 1.  Assemble tree with current patches
>
> It is probably easier for me to do this step, as I have my hg import
> scripts. However, as I don't have the PCTV devices added at dib0700,
> I can't test.
>
> OK, I did this work, as it just took me a few minutes to rebase patches
> 1 and 2. I didn't apply the patches that started with "djh" since they
> seemed to be a few hacks during the development time.
>
> The tree is at:
>
> git://linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git branch xc4000
>
> There are two warnings there that needs to be fixed:
>
> drivers/media/common/tuners/xc4000.c:1293: warning: ‘xc4000_is_firmware_loaded’ defined but not used
> drivers/media/common/tuners/xc4000.c: In function ‘check_firmware.clone.0’:
> drivers/media/common/tuners/xc4000.c:1107: warning: ‘version’ may be used uninitialized in this function
>
> Both seems to be trivial.
>
> A disclaimer notice here: I didn't make any cleanup at the code,
> (except by running a whitespace cleanup script) nor I've reviewed it.
>
> IMO, the next step is to test the rebases against a real hardware,
> and adding a few patches fixing it, if the rebases broke.
>
> The next step would be fix the CodingStyle, and run checkpatch.pl.
> There aren't many CodingStyle warnings/errors (13 errors, 28 warnings).
> Most of the errors are due to the excess usage of printk's for debug,
> and due to some obsolete code commented with //.

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for taking this on.  The tree you posted looks like a pretty
reasonable start.  I agree that the "djh - " commits probably aren't
required as they are most just from rebasing the tree.  We'll find out
from testing though whether this is true.  There's one patch with
subject "djh - more debugging" might actually be needed, but we'll see
when users try the tree.

This provides a pretty good base for istan_v to work off of, since he
did a rather large amount of refactoring to get analog to work - which
I was unable to even try given the two devices I had can't do analog
support due to limitations in the dvb-usb framework.

Mohammad, it would be great if you could try out Mauro's tree, since
it should work as-is for the 340e.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs