Re: Capabilities of the Omap3 ISP driver

Hi Bastian,

On Sunday 29 May 2011 15:27:23 Bastian Hecht wrote:
> Hello Laurent,
>
> I'm on to a project that needs two synced separate small cameras for
> stereovision. It's for harvesting tomatoes in fact :)
>
> I was thinking about realizing this on an DM3730 with 2 aptina csi2
> cameras that are used in snapshot mode.

As far as I know, the DM3730 doesn't have CSI2 interfaces.

> The questions that arise are:
>
> - is the ISP driver capable of running 2 concurrent cameras?

Yes it can, but only one of them can use the CCDC, preview engine and resizer.
The other will be captured directly to memory as raw data. You could capture
both raw streams to memory, and then feed them alternatively through the rest
of the pipeline. Whether this can work will depend on the image size and frame
rate.

> - is it possible to simulate a kind of video stream that is externally
> triggered (I would use a gpio line that simply triggers 10 times a
> sec) or would there arise problems with the csi2 protocoll (timeouts
> or similar)?

I don't think there will be CSI2 issues (although I'm not an expert there) if
you trigger the sensors externally.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart