RE: why is there no enum_input in v4l2_subdev_video_ops

> Hi Laurent,

>> Why do you need one ?
>
> Because I want to query decoder how many inputs it can support.
> So the question is where we should store inputs info, board specific data
> or decoder driver?
> I appreciate your advice.

ENUMINPUT as defined by V4L2 enumerates input connectors available on the
board. Which inputs the board designer hooked up is something that only
the top-level V4L driver will know. Subdevices do not have that
information, so enuminputs is not applicable there.

Of course, subdevices do have input pins and output pins, but these are
assumed to be fixed. With the s_routing ops the top level driver selects
which input and output pins are active. Enumeration of those inputs and
outputs wouldn't gain you anything as far as I can tell since the
subdevice simply does not know which inputs/outputs are actually hooked
up. It's the top level driver that has that information (usually passed in
through board/card info structures).

Regards,

        Hans