Re: Query: Implementation of overlay on linux

On Tuesday, May 03, 2011 14:02:02 vipul kumar samar wrote:
> Hello,
> On 05/02/2011 06:50 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > On Monday, May 02, 2011 13:04:59 vipul kumar samar wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am working on LCD module and I want to implement two overlay windows
> >> on frame buffer. I have some queries related to this:
> >
> > You mean capture overlay windows? E.g. you want to capture from a video
input
> > and have the video directly rendered in the framebuffer?
> >

> Our LCD driver is developed on frame buffer interface.Now i want to
> implement 2 overlay window support on the same driver.I saw the solution
> of frame buffer emulator provided on mailing list. But i am little bit
> confused.

So am I :-)

> My understanding is Frame buffer emulator provides a wrapper over V4L2
> framework based driver and provide a single buffer solution.

Right.

> But my
> condition is reverse i want to use V4L2 over frame buffer.
>
> Is it fruit full to rearrange frame buffer based driver in v4l2
> framework and then implement overlay support over it??
> Is there any simple way to use V4L2 frame work over frame buffer??

I still don't really understand what you want to do. You have a framebuffer,
and you want to display video in the framebuffer? Or do you want to mix a
framebuffer and a video output stream?

A block diagram of your hardware may help.

Regards,

          Hans