Re: dibusb device with lock problems

Hi Mr Tux,

On Saturday 02 April 2011 15:45:22 Mr Tux wrote:
> Hi list, hello Patrick,
>
> A locking problem with specific dib3000mb devices is still present in
> kernel 2.6.38.
>
> Now people upgrading from lenny to squeeze are also affected - see: [1]
>
> Please have a look at my previous post in [2] for a detailed description
> and links to this bug's history.
>
> I'm sending a cc of this to the people who once where affected by this
> bug or involved with the code change that introduced it.
>
> Anyone can confirm this is fixed/pending for his device and what
> dib3000mb device he is using out of the linuxtv wiki list of 14
> dib3000mb devices [3]?
>
> I have 3 devices of the hama usb 1.1 series: [4], that's number 66 in the
> wiki listing - they all are affected by this bug with kernels > 2.6.31
>
> Thanks for some feedback. Can we fix this for good for the pending
> devices?
>

> [1] http://www.vdr-portal.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=991041

In the post on vdr-portal you're showing the kernel-output of 2.6.32 I
guess, do you still have the kernel output of 2.6.26 (or any before 2.6.32)?

I think this line is not normal in your case:

 dibusb: This device has the Thomson Cable onboard. Which is default.

But to be sure I need you to test. TUning the device is not needed with the
old kernel, just plugging it and checking that line should be enough.

--
Patrick.