Re: [patch] Fix AF9015 Dual tuner i2c write failures

On 03/05/2011 03:51 AM, adq wrote:
As you say though. its just the tuners, so adding the locking into the
gate ctrl as you suggested makes perfect sense. Attached is v3
implementing this; it seems to be working fine here.

Unfortunately even with this fix, I'm still seeing the problem I was
trying to fix to begin with.

Although I no longer get any i2c errors (or *any* reported errors),
after a bit, one of the frontends just.. stops working. All attempts
to tune it fail. I can even unload and reload the driver module, and
its stuck in the same state, indicating its a problem with the
hardware. :(

How easily you can re-produce this? Does it work using your first patch?

Could try some changes for GPIOs, LEDs are not important but tuner GPIOs? Here is instructions how GPIOs should be done:

FE0 START
FE0 READ EEPROM
FE0 GPIO RESET and ENABLE FE1?
// set_gpio(0, 3);
// msleep(40)
// set_gpio(0, 7);
FE0 DOWNLOAD FW
FE0 enable POWER LED ???
// wr_reg(0xd734,  upper nibble 3)

FE1 set power management (0xd731)

FE0 tuner OFF
// set_gpio(3, 7);
FE0 LOCK LED OFF

FE1 tuner OFF
// set_gpio(0, 7);
FE1 LOCK LED OFF
*** DEVICE is NOW IN SLEEP ***

*** TUNE REQ for FE1 **
FE1 tuner ON
// set_gpio(0, b);
FE1 LOCK LED ON
*** now streaming **
FE1 tuner OFF
// set_gpio(0, 7);
FE1 LOCK LED OFF
*** DEVICE is NOW IN SLEEP ***

*** TUNE REQ for FE0 **
FE0 tuner ON
// set_gpio(3, b);
FE0 LOCK LED ON
*** now streaming **
FE0 tuner OFF
// set_gpio(3, 7);
FE0 LOCK LED OFF
*** DEVICE is NOW IN SLEEP ***

Also configure some power management for FE1, write register 0xd731 value 0x47. Do that in af9013_init() before OFSM init (since it changes some bits in same register).

And this is list of used GPIOs, it is my latest understanding. I have ensured many of those by just testing.

AF9015 GPIO0 AF9013 reset
AF9015 GPIO1 NC (note: on MC44S803 device tuner reset)
AF9015 GPIO2 NC
AF9015 GPIO3 TUNER
AF9015 GPIO_LOCK1 LOCK LED
AF9015 GPIO_LOCK2 POWER LED (not sure, I don't have any device having power LED, but it looks like it could be)

AF9013 GPIO0 TUNER
AF9013 GPIO1 NC
AF9013 GPIO2 LOCK LED
AF9013 GPIO3 HW power down?