Re: using V4L2_CID_BRIGHTNESS or V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE in the camera

Hi Kim,

On Thursday 03 March 2011 16:01:24 Kim HeungJun wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a question about realization the camera brightness control (or
> exposure, because it's similar effect). I'm confused this similar two
> control - V4L2_CID_BRIGHTNESS and V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE.
>
> These control both express the brightness consequently.
>
> The CID can express the brightness - V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE, is prepared in the
> camera class. And V4L2_CID_BRIGHTNESS seems be possible to use in the
> camera driver, although it is defined in the global(?) class.
>
> So, which CID I can use to express the image's brightness??

V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE is used to control the exposure time (which obviously
influences the brightness), and V4L2_CID_BRIGHTNESS to control the brightness
offset (constant value added to all pixels in the image by a processing block
in the digital domain).

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart