Re: V4L2 'brainstorming' meeting in Warsaw, March 2011

Hi all!

On Monday, February 28, 2011 18:11:47 Marek Szyprowski wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> The idea of v4l2 'brainstorming' session came out after a few discussions on
#v4l
> IRC channel about various RFCs and proposals that have been posted recently.
> would like to announce that Samsung Poland R&D Center (SPRC) agreed to take
an
> opportunity to organize this meeting. I've got a reservation for a
conference
> room for 16-18 March 2011 in our office.
>
> I would like to invite all of You for this V4L2 'brainstorming' session.
>
> I hope that this initial meeting date I've selected will fit us. We have 2
only
> weeks for the preparation, but I hope we will manage. I'm open for another
date
> and if required I will change the reservation.
>
> The meeting will last 3 days what gives us a lot of possibility to present
the
> issues and proposals, discuss them further and work out a solution that will
be
> accepted by others.
>
> From SPRC 4 developers will attend this meeting: Sylwester Nawrocki (s5p-
fimc
> author), Kamil Debski (s5p-mfc author), Tomasz Stanislawski (s5p-tv author)
and me
> (videobuf2 co-author and kernel lead developer in SPRC).
>
> A quick summary of the above:
>
> 1. Type of the meeting:
>         V4L2 'brainstorming' mini-summit :)
>
> 2. Place:
>         Samsung Poland R&D Center
>         Polna 11 Street
>         00-633 Warsaw, Poland
>
> 3. Date:
>         16-18 March 2011
>
> 4. Agenda
>         TBD, everyone is welcomed to put his items here :)
>
> I will post some travel information tomorrow. SPRC office is in the center
of Warsaw,
> there are a few hotels nearby. I will check for a free rooms and I will make
> recommendation soon. I hope we will meet together soon!

Just to let you all know that I will be handling the agenda. I'll prepare a
first version of it this weekend and the final one next weekend.

The basic outline is the same as during previous meetings: the first day we go
through all the agenda points and make sure everyone understands the problem.
Smaller issues will be discussed and decided, more complex issues are just
discussed.

The second day we go in depth into the complex issues and try to come up with
ideas that might work. The last day we translate the all agenda items into
actions.

This approach worked well in the past and it ensures that we end up with
something concrete. Also note that this is a brainstorm meeting, so the final
decisions will have to be taken on the mailinglist.

Those who have a vested interest in an agenda item should be prepared to
explain it and if necessary have a presentation ready.

There is a lot of ground to cover, so we should try to avoid wasting too much
time :-)

Regards,

	Hans