Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/1] New subdev sensor operation g_interface_parms

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> > > Currently soc-camera auto-configures the following parameters:
> > >
> > > hsync polarity
> > > vsync polarity
> > > data polarity
> > > master / slave mode
>
> What do you mean by master/slave mode ?

Many datasheets define a slave mode, in which the sensor is receiving the
sync signals and the pixel clock from the host and is only driving the
data lanes.

> > > data bus width
>
> The data bus width can already be configured through the media bus format. Do
> we need to set it explicitly ?

Maybe we'd have to think about it more, but I think, we need it: Bus
width, specified by media bus formats tells you how the data can be
sampled on the bus. Whereas the above parameter tells you, how the devices
are physically connected. With one and the same physical connection you
can get several data formats, e.g., by using shifters, like on omap3.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.