Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/1] New subdev sensor operation g_interface_parms

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Hans Verkuil wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 23, 2011 15:06:49 Aguirre, Sergio wrote:
> > Guennadi and Hans,
> >
> > <snip>

> > > integrity.
> > > one
> > > not
> >
> > I respectfully disagree.
> >
> > AFAIK, There is not such thing as sampling edge configuration for MIPI
> > Receivers, and the polarities DO matter, since it's a differential
> > signal.
>
> The polarities do not matter for a standard parallel bus. I cannot speak for
> MIPI or CSI busses as I have no experience there. So if you say that
> polarities matter for MIPI, then for MIPI those should be specified statically
> as well.

Do I misunderstand? I interpreted Hans' proposal as: clock edge
sensitivity is critical mainly because of high frequency, at which the
signal integrity is harder to maintain, and therefore we cannot rely on
automagic. Whereas sync signals are much lower frequency, and therefore
any breakage would be easier to detect. I don't otherwise understand what
"polarities do not matter" mean - of course they do. What am I missing?

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.