Re: Re: Siano SMS1140 DVB Receiver on Debian 5.0 (Lenny)

Hi, Mauro! Thank you for your replying.
I have had some success. I just reconfigured the kernel 2.6.37 and recompiled it. I figured out two things. First: when I compiled the Siano driver as a module, smsmdtv.ko is loaded when I attach the receiver but no adapter directory, no dvr, no demux and no frontend are created in /dev directory. Second: I compiled the Siano driver into the kernel and bingo: when I attach the receiver, frontend0, dvr0 and demux0 are created in /dev/dvb/adapter0 directory. No problem. Real problem is: scan, w_scan and dvbtune doesn't find any signal to scan, say "tunning failed". I figured out that receiver default mode is setup to DVB-T (mode 4 in smscoreapi.c) and because of that dvb_nova_12mhz_b0.inp is required.   Setting default mode to 6 in smscoreapi.c makes isdbt_nova_12mhz_b0.inp be required instead and it does make me sense to be the correct driver considering ISDB-T standard in Brazil.   Reading Siano's documentation I realized that ISDB-T standard only runs with SMS Host Libra
ry, that is a proprietary subsystem of Siano Mobile Silicon and, actually, I am thinking receiver will only run if I use such a library.

Any more help?

Best regards. 		 	   		  --