Re: Memory allocation in Video4Linux

Hi Bin,

the ISP in Medfield has it's own MMU. This needs to be programmed.

So in fact we have 2 problems:
1. how to allocate large memory address space (allocating pages is not
the problem).
2. if we re-use OS functionality for this, we need to keep the ISP MMU
up to date.
This means it needs to be programmed with the L1 page table base address
and the
TLB needs to be flushed whenever something changes in the page tables.

I don't think you need any ISP specific documentation for this. The ISP
MMU behaves the
same as the IA MMU does.

Best regards,
Jozef