RE: Memory allocation in Video4Linux

I believe CMA is for allocating physically contiguous memory and from what Wen mentioned he also needs virtual memory management, which the IOMMU will provide. Please check the open source discussion on CMA, the last I heard CMA proposal was shot down.
Reference: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg26875.html

Wen, how are you currently allocating physical memory ?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Hari