How to support MIPI CSI-2 controller in soc-camera framework?

Hi,

Our chip support both MIPI and parallel interface. The HW connection logic is
sensor(such as ov5642) -> our MIPI controller(handle DPHY timing/ CSI-2 things) -> our camera controller (handle DMA transmitting/ fmt/ size things). Now, I find the driver of sh_mobile_csi2.c, it seems like a CSI-2 driver, but I don't quite understand how it works:
1) how the host controller call into this driver?
2) how the host controller/sensor negotiate MIPI variable with this driver, such as D-PHY timing(hs_settle/hs_termen/clk_settle/clk_termen), number of lanes...?

Thanks a lot!
Qing Xu

Email: qingx@xxxxxxxxxxx
Application Processor Systems Engineering,
Marvell Technology Group Ltd.