Re: How to help with RTL2832U based TV?

Antti Palosaari wrote Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:48:01 -0800

> On 12/03/2009 10:09 PM, Peter Rasmussen wrote:
>
>     as mentioned in the welcome email of this list, but it isn't
> apparent to
>     me what the status in Linux of using a device based on this chip is?
>
> I have got today device having this chip (thanks to verkkokauppa.com for
> sponsoring) and I am going to implement the driver. I am in hope I can
> share some code from the old RTL2831U chip driver. I haven't looked
> driver code yet nor taken any sniffs. I will do that during next week.

OK, what is the status of this now?
It seems from the status page that it is not finished.

> Anyhow, there is Realtek released driver spreading over the net for that
> chip, you can use it.

I tried to find this but without luck.
Do you know where it can be found?

Anyway, I got the dongle to work via the following receipt:
http://www.linuxin.dk/node/15583 (in Danish, but I think Google can
translate it).

I would appreciate that this be in the kernel tree proper.

Best regards
Keld