Re: DuoFlex CT PCIe

On 17 Dec 2010, at 18:23, PC12 Ching wrote:

> Hello Bert
>
> I raised the same question two weeks ago, I only got an offline answer, see below.$
> I hope to get some more replies too.

> I wanted to know if the Digital Devices DuoFlex CT PCIe TWIN Combo DVB-C DVB-T card is supported.

I think this is related to the SatixS2 I have and uses the same driver, if so there is some support working, have a look at this thread:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg25462.html

When I asked why the newer driver made 5 devices for a dual tuner the answer was because of support for the digital devices duoflex adaptors.

Andre

> This card has 2 Ports, using one PCIe slot. Additionally it can be extended by 2 tuners to a total of 4 tuners, still using only one
> PCIe slot.
> There is also a Octopus version who is able to run 8 tuners using only one PCIe slot.
>
> Is this card supported, is it performing well with 2/4 tuners ?
> Will it be able to stream 4 HD channels at once via one PCIe slot ?

The Satix S2 is happy to record 6 HD channels across two tuners, there are some small glitches when the second tuner changes freq but it's minor. I don't have any more channels in my subscription to test 8 HD!

Andre--