"failed to open frontend"

Hello,

I have a DVB-S card, don't remember the brand offhand but the saa7134
driver works for it. I also have Debian lenny, which, with kernel
2.6.30 from backports.org, displayed satelite video successfully.

However, once I installed kernel 2.6.32 from backports.org (which I
needed for certain network hardware), DVB no longer works, even though
the card is unchanged.

I have added saa7134_dvb to /etc/modules and it does load, and is
visible in lsmod. Still, dvbscan shows "failed to open frontend" (even
under root). And /dev/dvb does not exist. It does not even appear when
I boot 2.6.30 - so it seems that the configuration that came with the
2.6.32 package broke things.

How can I make /dev/dvb available again?

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik