Re: tm6000 and IR

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:18:31 +0100
Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 17.12.2010 02:46, schrieb Dmitri Belimov:
> > Hi Stefan

> >> That is not acceptable. Have you forgotten what Mauro have written?
> >> The Terratec rc map are use from other devices.
> > NO
> > The RC_MAP_NEC_TERRATEC_CINERGY_XS used only in tm6000 module.
> > My patch didn't kill support any other devices.
> That is not true.

I search "RC_MAP_NEC_TERRATEC_CINERGY_XS" on FULL linux kernel sources.
And found this string in:
include/media/rc-map.h
drivers/staging//tm6000/tm6000-cards.c
drivers/media/rc/keymaps/rc-nec-terratec-cinergy-xs.c

No any other devices didn't use this keymap.

> >> The best are only the
> >> received data without additional data. And I think the Trident chip
> >> send only compatibly data (send all extended data like standard
> >> data). The device decoded the protocols not the driver.
> > You can't use this remotes with normal working IR receivers because
> > this receivers returned FULL scancodes. Need add one more keytable.
> >
> > 1. With my variant we have one keytable of remote and some
> > workaround in device drivers. And can switch keytable and remotes
> > on the fly (of course when keytable has really value and device
> > driver has workaround)
> >
> > 2. With your variant we have some keytables for one remote for
> > different IR recevers. Can't use incompatible keytable with other
> > IR recievers. It is black magic for understanding what remotes is
> > working with this hardware.
> >
> > I think my variant much better.
> >
> > With my best regards, Dmitry.
> >
> I think your variant is bad.

Mauro we need your opinion about this question.

With my best regards, Dmitry.