Kernel CI media test - Was: Re: [ANN] Media Summit September 16th: Final Agenda (v7)

Hi Martin,

Em Wed, 25 Sep 2024 22:53:42 +0300
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2024 at 12:16:29PM +0000, Hecht, Martin (Avnet Silica) wrote:
> > Hey Hans and Mauro,
> >
> > I remember also on a very little point regarding hardware for testing.
> > But we didn't go in detail again during the summit.
> >
> > How do we can go ahead here? Are there some test systems up and
> > running somewhere centralized or how it is organized right now?
>
> Testing on real hardware is among our goals, but will require quite som
> extra work. We will likely need to setup lava labs and integrate them
> with media-ci. We had a discussion on Friday with kernel-ci developers,
> and we will probably benefit from ongoing work on their side. I don't
> think there's a plan to address this on our side in the very short term
> (mostly due to lack of time, we're currently focusing on getting
> media-ci up and running and integrated with the maintenance workflow).

With regards to integrating Avnet Silica labs for doing CI tests on
media hardware with upstream kernels, this is something I always wanted.

Yet, as Laurent mentioned, right now we're not doing it directly
(but I guess Collabora is doing it for some media drivers they're
developing).