RE: Translation Faults on OMAP ISP update

Hi,

Laurent,

Just a question on this:

Do we ever plan to support dynamic v4l2_subdevs registration/unregistration?

I guess we'll require to "notify" the media controller device, so we add it, (or remove it) from the pipeline, and refresh the links.

I think that is going to become an important requirement, as like Lane is doing (unloading a module).

It's very likely that we can interchange camera modules, like in the Beagleboard xM, and we don't have a real reason to really not support that.

It would be very cool to be able to:

1. Plug Aptina 5MP camera sensor.
2. Load the kernel module
3. Use the camera
4. Unload the kernel module
5. Interchange the camera board for a VGA sensor
6. Load the appropriate sensor driver.

All that without needing to restart the board.

Does that really sound _that_ crazy to everyone? :)

Regards,
Sergio