Translation Faults on OMAP ISP update

Laurent,

Previously I was getting iommu translation faults when switching from the RESIZER output to the CCDC output.

I have finally pulled in all the changes on the git://gitorious.org/maemo-multimedia/omap3isp-rx51.git line and I am happy to say that those translation faults have gone away. I can now switch between the RESIZE and the CCDC without any issues.

I still have a problem though. Our image sensor plugs in as a module and can unfortunately be unplugged while the pipeline is streaming. When this happens, I get a select timeout (as I would expect) and then when I stop the stream I get the message:

omap3isp omap3isp: CCDC stop timeout!
omap3isp omap3isp: Unable to stop OMAP3 ISP CCDC

When I plug the image sensor module back in, I can open the devices back up and setup the pipeline without issue, but when I try to start the stream back up, I get:

omap-iommu omap-iommu.0: omap2_iommu_fault_isr: da:004b4600 translation fault omap-iommu omap-iommu.0: iommu_fault_handler: da:004b4600 pgd:ce348010 *pgd:8d3b8c01 pte:cd3b8ed0 *pte:885e0002
omapdss DISPC error: GFX_FIFO_UNDERFLOW, disabling GFX

and the kernel locks up hard.

This translation fault, the GFX_FIFO_UNDERFLOW, and kernel locking up are new behavior. Previously I would just get "CCDC won't become idle" error message when I tried to start the stream back up.

Any ideas on the problem? Is there a way to force a reset to the CCDC so that it will become IDLE?

Lane