Re: [GIT PULL FOR 6.11] Imagination E5010 JPEG encoder

On 12/06/2024 07:57, Devarsh Thakkar wrote:
> +Andrew,
>
> Hi Sebastian, Hans, Andrew,
>
> On 11/06/24 21:25, Sebastian Fricke wrote:
>> Hey Hans & Mauro,
>>
>> Doesn't include the math changes and
>> https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/project/linux-media/patch/20240607133253.3559339-1-devarsht@xxxxxx/
>> has to be taken separately, as discussed here:
>> https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/project/linux-media/patch/20240604105335.2257629-1-devarsht@xxxxxx/#158409
>>

> I see Andy mentioned here [1] that math.h is orphaned and nobody behind it.
> And I see changes in these files getting pulled in along with subsystem
> specific changes [2].
>
> So just wanted to check if it's possible to include math.h related patches too
> directly in this PR itself since they were already reviewed/Acked and I guess
> this be a simpler path since they need to be applied on top of current set of
> patches in this PR.
>
> So, Could you please let me know if it's possible to include all the 13
> patches sent across [3] in this PR itself or some other path need to be taken
> for math.h related patches?

I plan to take this PR (with just the first 6 patches) first today.

Once in, post a new patch series for the second half. Mention in the cover
letter that math.h is orphaned (I wasn't aware of that) and I expect that
Sebastian can make a second PR.

Regarding the last drm patch: that would need a separate Ack from a drm
maintainer. I'm not entirely sure why that patch was added: the commit
log doesn't tell me that. You might want to consider dropping it from the
series and perhaps posting it as a separate patch to the drm subsystem for
the next kernel.

The media patch actually fixes an issue, but the drm patch does not make
any functional change.

Regards,

	Hans