drm/bridge/tc358767: i2c access failure via DisplayPort AUX channel

Hello,

I'm using a TC9595 bridge device on a Renesas RZ/G2L custom board that
streams video from DSI to DisplayPort. The device is supported by
the TC358767 driver.

The problem I'm facing is, that the device cannot read the DPCD data
from the monitor in "tc_get_display_props()" [1]. Any I2C accesses via
AUX channel performed by the chip does fail with a timeout. If I ignore
that error and go ahead in that function with default values, the I2C
accesses start to work various accesses later. Any idea what could cause
that weird behavior? Either the monitor does wake-up for some reason and
responds to the accesses or the chip performs the accesses differently.

[1] https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v6.7.9/source/drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/tc358767.c#L727

Thanks for any help,

Wolfgang