Re: Bounty for the first Open Source driver for Kinect

Am Donnerstag, den 11.11.2010, 00:36 +0100 schrieb Markus Rechberger:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Antonio Ospite
> <ospite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 00:13:09 +0100
> > Markus Rechberger <mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [...]
> >>
> >> just some experience from our side, we do have fully working
> >> video4linux1/2 drivers
> >> in userspace, the only exception we have is a very thin layered
> >> kernelmodule in order
> >> to improve the datatransfer.
> >
> > Markus, can you point to some example so I can get a clearer picture?
> >

> unfortunately we're closed source (and much more advanced) but you can
> have a look at other projects:

Markus,

please go away with such.

Despite of all previously, this is _not_ a place for any closed source
to discuss. There is nothing to discuss on that, please stop it.

Either try to come back with open source in a new round, or at least
don't try to hide what you have. Without all the code and hardware
specific stuff _previously_ developed/hacked on v4l-dvb, you don't
exist.

I still admit, overall, you did a very good job previously, but all
others are _not_ just your captives after some clashes.

With "unfortunately we're closed source", you deliberately declare, that
you have nothing to do with open source at all anymore.

?

So, what is the remaining interest for you, except that you can continue
easier in userspace, instead of getting a hard block in the kernel, if
some enough have enough of your "closed source" ?

Cheers,
Hermann