Re: Bounty for the first Open Source driver for Kinect

IFixit has a tear down mentioning all the chips and a reference design

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft-Kinect-Teardown/4066/1

There's two camera sensors, an ir illuminator, four microphones, a motor, and apparently a built in usb hub.

It supposedly consumes more power than a standard usb port can supply, so you may need an external power supply.

Have fun.

Andy

Antonio Ospite <ospite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:20:40 +0100
>Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar <boulabiar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> MS Kinect interfacing via libusb released
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKhW-cvpkks
>>
>> http://git.marcansoft.com/?p=libfreenect.git
>>

>Good, if anyone is willing to provide the hardware I think I can help
>with a proper gspca driver (I helped with the PS3 Eye already). Are
>there other RGB-Depth cams supported in linux? Are they usually exposed
>just as two distinct cameras?
>
>Regards,
>   Antonio
>
>--
>Antonio Ospite
>http://ao2.it
>
>PGP public key ID: 0x4553B001
>
>A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>   See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
>Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
ÿô.nlj·Ÿ®‰­†+%ŠË±é¥Šwÿº{.nlj·¥Š{±þg‰¯â^n‡r¡öë¨è&£ûz¹Þúzf£¢·hšˆ§~†­†Ûÿÿïÿ‘ê_èæ+v‰¨þ)ßø