Re: media-ctl header patch

Hi Michael,

On Tuesday 02 November 2010 18:10:18 Michael Jones wrote:
> Hi Sergio & Laurent,
>
> Back in July, Sergio submitted a patch "Just include kernel headers"
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media%40vger.kernel.org/msg20397.html)
> which Laurent didn't yet want to apply.
>
> Now I'm using Laurent's branch "new-api" (and the new media API to match),
> and w/o Sergio's patch, I get a warning:
>
> types.h:13: warning: #warning "Attempt to use kernel headers from user
> space, see http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelHeaders";
>
> With Sergio's patch and setting HDIR, I get rid of this warning.  Laurent,
> what do you think about applying the patch now?  I would ack it if I
> could, but I don't know how to resurrect an old patch.

As answered to Sergio, at the moment most users will build media-ctl against a
kernel tree instead against installed kernel headers. I will merge the patch
when the media controller code will reach the mainline kernel. It should be
safe to ignore the compilation warning for now.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart