Re: OMAP 3530 camera ISP forks and new media framework

Hi Michael,

On Friday 22 October 2010 15:54:59 Michael Jones wrote:
> Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > Bastian Hecht wrote:
> >> I want to write a sensor driver for the mt9p031 (not mt9t031) camera
> >> chip and start getting confused about the different kernel forks and
> >> architectural changes that happen in V4L2.
> >> A similar problem was discussed in this mailing list at
> >> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg19084.html.
> >>
> >> Currently I don't know which branch to follow. Either
> >> http://gitorious.org/omap3camera from Sakari Ailus or the branch
> >> media-0004-omap3isp at http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git from
> >> Laurent Pinchart. Both have an folder drivers/media/video/isp and are
> >> written for the new media controller architecture if I am right.
> >
> > Take Laurent's branch it has all the current patches in it. My gitorious
> > tree isn't updated anymore. (I just had forgotten to add a note, it's
> > there now.)
>
> Will Laurent's media-0004-omap3isp branch at linuxtv.org then continue to
> get updated?  Or will the existing commits be rebased at some point?  I'm
> trying to understand/decide what the best approach is with git if I
> continue doing development on top of the media controller and want to stay
> up to date.

The media-0004-omap3isp branch in the media repository on linuxtv.org will be
updated regularly until the driver is merged in the mainline Linux kernel (in
the meantime I will rebase the branch every time a major kernel version comes
out). Development will then move to mainline.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart