Re: OMAP 3530 camera ISP forks and new media framework

Sakari Ailus wrote:
> Bastian Hecht wrote:
>> Hello media team,
>
> Hi Bastian,
>
>> I want to write a sensor driver for the mt9p031 (not mt9t031) camera
>> chip and start getting confused about the different kernel forks and
>> architectural changes that happen in V4L2.
>> A similar problem was discussed in this mailing list at
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg19084.html.
>>
>> Currently I don't know which branch to follow. Either
>> http://gitorious.org/omap3camera from Sakari Ailus or the branch
>> media-0004-omap3isp at http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git from
>> Laurent Pinchart. Both have an folder drivers/media/video/isp and are
>> written for the new media controller architecture if I am right.
>
> Take Laurent's branch it has all the current patches in it. My gitorious
> tree isn't updated anymore. (I just had forgotten to add a note, it's
> there now.)

Will Laurent's media-0004-omap3isp branch at linuxtv.org then continue to get updated?  Or will the existing commits be rebased at some point?  I'm trying to understand/decide what the best approach is with git if I continue doing development on top of the media controller and want to stay up to date.

<snip>

thanks,

--
Michael Jones

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner