Re: OMAP 3530 camera ISP forks and new media framework

2010/10/11 Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Bastian,
>
> On Monday 11 October 2010 14:59:15 Bastian Hecht wrote:
>> So... let's see if i got some things right, please let me now if you
>> disagree:
>>
>> - I do want to use the omap34xxcam.c driver as it is for the newest
>> framework and I get most support for it
>
> That's a bad start. With the latest driver, omap34xxcam.c doesn't exist
> anymore :-)

Nice :S

I think I take the mt9t001 approach (Sorry Guennadi, I think modifying
your framework is too much for me to start with). So in this driver I
tell the framework that I can do i2c probing, some subdev_core_ops and
some subdev_video_ops. I define these functions that mostly do some
basic i2c communication to the sensor chip. I guess I can handle that
as there are so many examples out there.

But where do I stack that on top? On the camera bridge host, but if it
isn't omap34xxcam, which driver can I use? How are they connected?

Thanks,

 Bastian