patches for the Realtek rtl2831

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

A side question: when do you intend to send us the patches for the Realtek
rtl2831?

Basically, I'm waiting for somebody to take up the task to include IR support in Antti's branches. I don't have the knowledge to do so. In the mean time, I just maintain the code from Realtek on a sync with mainline only base in hg, as the code is really sub-standard.

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Realtek_RTL2831U

I have seen that Realtek keeps updating their Windows code, and the v4l port, at least for the RTL2832.
I see the "recipes" to use that on many forums.

Cheers,
Mauro.

--
Jan Hoogenraad