Re: ibmcam (xrilink_cit) and konica webcam driver porting to gspca update

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/31/2010 11:43 PM, David Ellingsworth wrote:
>>
>> Hans,
>>
>> I haven't had any success with this driver as of yet. My camera is
>> shown here: http://www.amazon.com/IBM-Net-Camera-Pro-camera/dp/B0009MH25U
>> The part number listed on the bottom is 22P5086. It's also labeled as
>> being an IBM Net Camera Pro.
>
> Ah ok, so you have the same one as I have, that model was never supported
> by the old ibmcam driver, so I take it you never had it working with the
> old ibmcam driver ?
>
>> When I plug the camera in, it is detected
>>
>> by the driver but it does not seem to function in this mode. Every
>> attempt to obtain video from it using qv4l2 results in a black or
>> green image.
>>
>> If I use the ibm_netcam_pro module option
>
> Given that is the same camera as I have using the ibm_netcam_pro module
> option is definitely the right thing to do.
>
> I noticed in your lsusb -v output that you're doing this from within vmware?

Correct I was using vmware workstation's usb pass through to test the camera.

> I think that is the cause of things not working. This camera will not
> even work when connected through a real hub, let alone through a
> virtual one. The only way this camera works for me is when it is
> connected to a usb port directly on the motherboard, running Linux
> directly on the hardware, can you please try that ?

Unfortunately, I'm unable to test with real hardware at the moment. My
laptop, which has Linux installed on it is currently out of commission
until I can find time to repair it's power adapter. Once I get it
fixed, I'll try to retest and we'll go from there.

Regards,

David Ellingsworth