Re: ibmcam (xrilink_cit) and konica webcam driver porting to gspca update

Hi,

On 08/28/2010 12:54 AM, Jonathan Isom wrote:
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Hans de Goede<hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi all,

I've finished porting the usbvideo v4l1 ibmcam and
konicawc drivers to gspcav2.

The ibmcam driver is replaced by gspca_xirlink_cit, which also
adds support for 2 new models (it turned out my testing cams
where not supported by the old driver). This one could use
more testing.

I just tried using your driver. I get no video.  using 2.6.35.3.  Had
to patch usb_buffer_[alloc&  free]
otherwise no changes to your tree.

/usr/bin/qv4l2 /dev/video2
Start Capture: Input/output error
VIDIOC_STREAMON: Input/output error
Start Capture: Input/output error
VIDIOC_STREAMON: Input/output error

Thanks for testing!

Ok, so a couple of things:
1) For the new xirlink cit driver to work you need the latest libv4l
from v4l-utils (use the just released 0.8.1 for example), but that
does not explain the io errors.

2) Make sure you the old usbvideo ibmcam driver is no used (remove the
.ko file from /lib/modules/...

3) Do
echo 63 > /sys/module/gspca_main/parameters/debug
(as root, note sudo does not work with redirects)

And then try some application again and after trying do
dmesg > dmesg.txt and attach dmesg.txt to your next reply.

4) What did you need to change exactly, can you share the changes
in question with me in the form of a patch ? (I'm waiting for
Douglas to sync the main hg v4l-dvb tree with the latest upstream /
mauro's tree and then I'll rebase my ibmcam tree.

5) Do
lsusb -v > lsusb.log and attach that to your next mail too.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans

-- info
Model 2
KSX-X9903
0x0545
0x8080
3.0a
Old, cheaper model	Xirlink C-It

/usr/sbin/v4l2-dbg -d /dev/video2 -D
Driver info:
         Driver name   : xirlink-cit
         Card type     : USB IMAGING DEVICE
         Bus info      : usb-0000:00:12.2-6.1
         Driver version: 133376
         Capabilities  : 0x05000001
                 Video Capture
                 Read/Write
                 Streaming

Any Ideas

Jonathan

The konicawc driver is replaced by gspca_konica which is
pretty much finished.

You can get them both here:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/ibmcam

Once Douglas updates the hg v4l-dvb tree to be up2date with
the latest and greatest from Mauro, then I'll rebase my
tree (the ibmcam driver needs a very recent gspca core patch),
and send a pull request.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

1) Many thanks to Patryk Biela for providing me a konica
   driver using camera.
2) Still to do the se401 driver.
3) I'll be on vacation the coming week and not reading email.