Re: V4L hg tree fails to compile against latest stable kernel 2.6.35

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:44 AM, VDR User <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Douglas Schilling Landgraf
> <dougsland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello Derek,
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
>> <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> It is up to Douglas to do the backport, but you can just use the latest
>>> git tree, where those patches are applied already at 2.6.35, at the
>>> branch staging/v2.6.36.
>>
>> I am already working to give a full update to hg tree. Sorry this problem.
>
> Hi Douglas, thanks for the update!  I'll pass the word along to other
> users I know who are wondering as well but who don't use the mailing
> list.
>
> A little off topic but IIRC wasn't there some talk about writing new
> scripts to main keep hg more up-to-date?  If so, was that ever
> started?  Otherwise, my apologies if I'm not remembering correctly.

We have a script to check if hg is synced to git tree, to extract
sequence of patches
from git tree, etc.. but not like this yet. Some time ago I and Mauro
discussed about create a script
to apply patches automatically (of course, those witch doesn't break
and need a backport manually) but I think it will
became true with this new git tree schema that Mauro implemented a few
days ago which reduces the number of branches
to follow.

Cheers
Douglas