Re: V4L Kconfig defaults

Em 05-08-2010 07:32, Guennadi Liakhovetski escreveu:
> Hi Mauro
>
> At some point the usefullness of the VIDEO_HELPER_CHIPS_AUTO option has
> been questioned and a patch has even been submitted to disable this on
> embedded systems [1], which, somehow, doesn't seem to have been
> successful, even though there haven't been any objections. Or was I
> expected to push it via my tree?

I always expect patches from you via your tree.

> Now, since a few kernel versions there are _many_ more of "default y"
> options in drivers/media/*/Kconfig around IR / remote drivers. Can we kill
> them (defaults, of course, not drivers), please?

Hmm... those IR default's should be changed. Yet, the decoders should default to y,
if IR_CORE is selected, as otherwise remote controllers that outputs data in raw
mode won't work (and most drivers that have IR support have some models that use
raw mode). Maybe we can create a IR_CORE_RAW to do the trick. We need to
think a little more about that.

> Thanks
> Guennadi
>
> [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.embedded/2721